- For immediate assistance, please use the following resources. These options are not alternatives to therapy or counseling:
- For life threatening emergencies: dial 9-1-1
- For you or someone you know having a behavioral health crisis : dial 9-8-8
- The 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is also available online 24/7 and offers a direct connection to trained crisis counselors who will offer compassionate, accessible care and support for anyone experiencing mental health-related distress — including thoughts of suicide or self-harm, a substance use crisis or any other kind of behavioral health crisis. The counselor is part of a call center that is linked to a network of services, so the caller will be connected quickly with the right kind of help. For people or those concerned for someone they know experiencing a behavioral health crisis to call, text or chat online, click here
(chat and text are English only)
- If you are experiencing a mental health crisis and would like help local to Multnomah County, OR, call the Multnomah County Crisis Line at (503) 988-4888. Trained clinicians are available 24/7 to assist anyone experiencing distress with support, resources, and/or referrals. Services are free and available in any language. All calls are confidential. Additional information and resources available on their website.
- Sometimes you may not know the exact type of treatment or resources you need. If you need supports greater than those offered by this provider: dial 2-1-1 to speak with a live person who can help. Conversations are confidential, can be made anonymously, and are available in 180 languages upon request. If you prefer to text, use web chat, or search for resources online, click here to find more ways to connect to help.
There are also dedicated helplines available to anyone in the U.S.:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Veterans Crisis Line: call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) and press 1; or text 838255
- Crisis Text Line: text the word 'Home' to 741-741
- The Trevor Lifeline for LGBTQ Youth: call 1-866-488-7386
- The Trans Lifeline: call 1-877-565-8860